Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
Full Time | Hybrid | Based in Sri Lanka
Team and Role
We are on the lookout for world-class talent to join us in building a next-generation Internet of Things (IoT) platform, enabling not only integration and management of state-of-the-art edge devices for monitoring and control across properties, but also real-time computation and AI applications on stream data.
As part of our dynamic, multidisciplinary engineering team, the successful candidate will own the device integration workstream and its deliverables, acting as the first point of contact for the stream and continuously aligning with product vision through an agile development process promoting close collaboration with other streams, team members, domain experts and other international stakeholders.
- Build software components to solve business problems, particularly working with cutting-edge IoT systems, web and mobile apps, and cloud-based integrations
- Apply problem-solving skills and industry best practices in tandem to design and develop world-class, scalable solutions efficiently and effectively
- Understand and elucidate or produce technical solution specifications and execute on development, including by leading/mentoring junior Engineers
- Work with BAs and other Engineers to elucidate customer business needs, to read and understand requirement specifications, and work independently or as a lead to strive towards the big picture of the business need
- Maintain excellent communication at both the technical level in an agile setting and at the business level with a variety of team members/stakeholders
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (with at least 2 years of experience in IoT/real-time sensor-driven systems)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in CS, SE, IT, or a related field
- Hands-on project experience with IoT device configuration, integration, IoT platforms, and protocols (eg- MQTT)
- Experience with cloud applications and containerized workloads with Docker/Kubernetes
Sound Like The Job for You?